So there is a lot of makeup I don’t use anymore or have never used but couldn’t return cos they had been opened. I have thought about selling them on depop or something but it felt like a bit too much effort if I’m being honest and I didn’t think anyone would even want them. So for a while they sat around my room just taking up space and I didn’t know what I could do but I heard from someone that you could donate your used, in good condition, makeup to women’s charities.
So I researched and I did in fact find somewhere to send my makeup! It’s a charity called Give and Makeup, they’re based in London. Started by Caroline Hirons, back in 2010 and now here I am talking about it!
So I started wandering around my room collecting makeup and other beauty items that I didn’t use and it turns out I had way more to give than I had originally thought.
Working our way from left to right and starting at the top, we have:
- Two MUA liquid lipsticks that I never used once I had bought them because they were far too bright
- A makeup revolution highlight I was given by a friend and then quickly realised I didn’t like either
- A neutrogena oil free moisturiser that made my skin even oilier??
- A V05 sea salt spray that was alright but I’ve found I don’t like the sea salt spray look on myself
- Then we have all four of the foundations I own because they’re (respectively):
- Too dark
- Too pink toned
- Bit pale
- And waayyy too pale, never used it (bought it when I was a complete makeup noob)
- Plus I don’t like the way any of these foundations (or just foundations in general) look or feel on my skin so I don’t exactly need them anymore
- In the midst of these foundations I have an Avon dead sea mud mask I don’t really use
- The new makeup revolution concealer I bought that’s way way too dark for me
- And finally, a MUA eyeshadow palette that I’m not loving anymore
So, that’s everything I’m donating! I’ll be packaging these up and sending them off soon, I’d suggest you guys doing the same with your stuff! If you’re in the UK then I’d recommend that you check out their website as they have more information and guidelines! For example, pads and/or tampons! There’s a whole list of things you could donate!
I’ll also leave the addresses below (One for the UK and one for Wales) if you guys already have a selection of things to donate but you don’t know where to send them!
GIVE AND MAKEUP
PO BOX 855
Give and MakeUp c/o
63-67 Wellfield Road
Until next time! 🙂