As a girl, I’ve noticed that the topic of whether I want children crops up every so often, sometimes teachers just talk as though they expect all of us to have children. And my answer usually shocks the people asking, some even seem offended.
Most people I’ve talked to start interrogating me as to why I don’t want them, as if I should have a presentation ready to show them. I get told I’ll want them in the future, I get told my life will be boring without them and on and on.
But let me tell you why I don’t want kids, maybe in the future I can direct future interrogators to this blog post!
- Pregnancy is uncomfortable and puts you in an incredibly vulnerable position
- Child birth is incredibly painful and my vagina doesn’t deserve that
- I can’t stand the idea of spending the rest of my life dedicated to making sure this tiny human doesn’t become a screw up
- Children are expensive
- They’re messy
- I want to go on holidays to relax, not be frustrated because little Jimmy over here forgot his teddy at home and wants to have a tantrum instead of getting on the plane. Plus flights are cheaper during off peak season
- Getting good amounts of sleep
- Really don’t like the idea of having someone depend on me like that
- I just want to live for me and be as relaxed as I can be with my partner, instead of stressing about dress up day and exams
- Also I don’t really like children, like I won’t be a huge dick to them but I would rather not have to be around them
A much better alternative for me would be pets!! Maybe a rabbit, cat or a dog! Maybe all three! They’re cute, fluffy and won’t talk back to me.
What are your thoughts, do you want kids or not?
Until next time 🙂