Now I would like to clarify that it’s not actually winter yet, Winter solstice is on the 21st December (sounds so magical doesn’t it!)
- Lip balm, carry it everywhere! You too, men. Cracked, bleeding lips target everyone so go grab a tin of Vaseline and shove it in your bottomless pockets! BONUS, it can double up as a hand cream! Just rub some onto those dry patches on your hands; been there, done that. Would recommend!
- Now this is for the makeup wearers among us, I’ve decided that I don’t like matte lip things anymore. More so in the winter, just the thought of having to deal with matte lips is making my shoulders tense up, eugh. I’ve started getting into lipglosses, there are some out there that aren’t super gloopy! They’re a better alternative in my opinion because they kinda help out in the dry lips department instead of making it worse, as matte lipsticks would! I’ve only got one lipgloss at the moment, so I’ve taken to layering it over existing lipsticks I have to mix it up a little!
- Packets of tissues, have multiple. Your friends may not be as prepared and that stuff runs out fast so try to have at least two packs on you at any one time. Maybe one in your coat pocket and then another in your bag?
- Ok this one may not work for some people depending on the type of shoes you wear, but I’m planning on wearing those fluffy “bed socks” with a pair of heeled boots that I have that are a size too big. Also, why are they called bed socks? Who wears socks to bed? My feet would get so sweaty :/ Do you wear socks to bed? Let me know! But anyway, even if you can’t wear fluffy socks, you could wear some ankle socks over your tights or wear multiple pairs of socks! Anything to keep those toes intact.
- Speaking of tights, don’t you hate it when you take one step out of the door and your tights have already fallen down well below your crotch and you have to do that awkward pulling-tights-up and-trying-not-to-flash-anyone thing? The only semi solution I’ve come up with thus far is tucking my top into my tights and then putting my skirt on. It isn’t foolproof but it has helped my tights stay up for way longer that they usually would’ve. This trick can usually last me the whole school day!